Sorry for the lack of blogging lately, I don’t even know where the time has gone. I also have to admit I have become a little obsessed with Instagram so any spare mins seem to be spent on that.
On that note does anyone know how to link your Instagram account to your WordPress blog? I would like it to appear on my blog just like me tweets???
Anyway I thought I would just write a post updating with what has been going on lately include the ‘interesting’ bits and bobs that have been going on, in and around my life. I am aiming for top 5 bit I might not have that much to say..
1) My amazing ‘little’ brother has made the team GB squad for Bobsleigh. It’s taken a lot of hard work and dedication to get to this point and I know this is only the start of a lot of training, traveling and effort. This huge achievement that has only rightly resulted in a lot of family celebration….my brother isn’t a 9-5 sort of guy so for him this is truly ‘Living the Dream’. I going to be doing everything I can to help and support him from behind the scenes as I could not be prouder. Fingers crossed he will be a name to watch in 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. If you are interested in seeing what he is getting up to you can find him on Twitter: @RichStead1
2) Even further excitement has been caused by more amazing achievements by Amy Keen. Not only has she written an amazing book, YA Paranormal novel (that I have been privileges enough to read) but she has signed a publishing contract for it! How truly superb is that!?! I cannot put into words how please I am for her or even how proud I am of her achievement. She is another name that you need to remember and you will hopefully be seeing on your own bookshelves.
It’s amazing to think that when we became friends we didn’t really know what we wanted to go with our lives or where it might take us. We had few hopes and dreams for what we would like to do but they were exactly that, hopes and dreams. It is beyond brilliant to know that for Amy one of those goals from back then is now coming true. This wonderful woman could not deserve it more. Anyway enough from me, if you wish to know more about it (and you do of course)… please have a read of the story so far in the ladies own words; http://thesethingsandme.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/this-is-what-it-feels-like-when-dreams-come-true/
3) Heath update… As anyone that read my last post knows I have Adenomyosis and have been trying to deal with it for approx. 2.5 years. So I am currently in month 4 of a 6 month program of Prostap (leuprorelin) you get two injections every three months. The idea of this drug is that it stops the production of oestrogens in women (which is why is can be used to treat Adenomyosis or Endometriosis but it is also given to individuals to help fight prostate cancer or breast cancer).
After some initial ‘teething problems’ (2 weeks of increased pain) I seemed to react very well to this drug and was over the moon with getting my life back and having days even weeks of being pain free. With such success I was extremely keen to progress with the second injection with hopes that months 4, 5, and 6 would be just as good. Unfortunately two weeks into this second injection and I seem to be suffering with strong side effects and have been experiencing a lot of pain in my ligaments, mainly my neck and shoulders, arms and legs. Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t have changed my decision to have the injection but I wish I had been warned about this side effect. I was told it should only last 3 weeks…I am now in week 5 so fingers crossed for some improvement soon the main problem is this medicine should only be used for a maximum of six months due to the side effects on your bone density. I have to admit however I can feel the pelvic pain starting to creep its way back…it’s like a distant rain cloud right now, I can feel it in the air and I know it’s coming.. Unfortunately I don’t think it will be too long until I am reaching for my umbrella (the painkillers again).
4) I have been shopping (a few times and on the internet..oh dear!) so even with all the exciting news I wanted to treat myself a little this month and I have been so impressed with my new purposes and finds I thought I would share them with you.
- I splurged on some pretty Tom Ford makeup and I have to say I love his lipstick and bronzer! I am now covered and will by buying more in the further I am sure!
- I bought some new clothes! Yay! My favourite item had to be the bright red ‘Eva’ dress that I purchased from Rule 1. If you haven’t come across them before its certainly worth having a look: http://www.rule1store.com/ it’s a boutique store so they don’t have 100’s of dresses but I think that’s what makes it special.
- New GHD hairdryer…not a cheap hair dryer but my hair has been suffering a little due to the side effects of my injections so I felt like that was a good enough excuse (right??) . So far I think it’s worth every penny. Usefully when I dry my hair it turns into a huge ball of frizz. Once I have dried it using this one it is so straight I can almost manage without the straighteners.
5) Last but not least, I went to the cinema to see Ted! I haven’t been to the cinema in ages but I loved that film so much it needed a mention today. You have to pick the right friend to watch this film with because you do not want to be belly laughing at the brilliant/ inappropriate jokes only to find your cinema companion watching and judging you. I went with a super individual and we loved every minute of it, I dear say we will be quoting those jokes for at least the next 12 months.
So that’s it, that the update and because the blog is so long (sorry) I am going to opt for only one quote from the movie Ted:
‘When you hear the sound of thunder,
Don’t you get too scared.
Just grab your thunder buddy
And say these magic words:….’
and there I have to stop as the language used in the film is not suitable for my innocent little blog.