While walking from my car to my flat, I was stopped in my path by a neighbour who’s opening line was ” Have you seen the dead cat?”…does it get any more random???
To provide context to the bizarreness of this situation I have never spoken to this man in my life, these are his chosen first words to me. If this was a starter to a general chat or introduction this would be weird enough (usually hello is a good starter in my book) but then it gets even more strange. It turns out this random statement is his “ice breaker”. From here it’s takes him less than 3 questions to find out I am single and what I do for a living before he proceeds to then ask me out…so strange!
I am not usually so receptive to the questioning process however, in my defence I am still stunned but the choice of the opening line! Do guys really think this will work?? I am not saying I have never been “manipulated” / impressed by a carefully chosen pick up line or even the odd cheesy line but this takes the biscuit….
I do think there is place for a funny pick up line, but only if it shows a true sense of humour, is well suited to the situation and delivered with confidence (not arrogance). In this case there was genuinely a dead cat in our car park ( definitely not funny, I am more likely to cry then say yes to a date).
This got me interested into the success rates of chat /pick up lines. My research shows…..there are no statistics to suggest they work! What does this tell you?? I can add no more.
Today’s “quotes” are those spectacular chat up lines, that whenever spoken can transform the most attractive man instantly into like a troll (not a cute one from the 80’s with pink hair, more inline with those that lives under a bridge)
Feel free to add to my list of horrendous chat up lines with a comment?
Bye for now Xoxo
Worst Chat up lines ever:
– You should be arrested.. cos you stole my heart
-Your name must be Gillette? the best a man can get!
– I think I saw you in the dictionary next to woohoo
– Do you have any raisins? How about a date?
– Do you believe in love at first sight? or do you think i should walk past again?
– I bet your last name must be Jacobs? because I think your a real cracker.
– Are you a parking ticket? because you have fine written all over you!
– Is your dad a thief? because he stole the starts and put them in your eyes
– Are your legs hurting cos you’ve been running threw my mind all night long!
Thats it I cannot bring myself to list any more 🙂