I remember when the school six weeks summer holiday seemed like an eternity. Six weeks was a life time and you could fit in so much; a fortnight family holiday, endless lie in, playing games with your friends and by the end of it you wanted to go back to school because you were bored (although you never actually admitted it to your Mum).. Somehow six weeks now passes like the blink of any eye, I am often struggling to remember what month we are in, Christmas could have been yesterday as far as I am concerned.
Do you recall the last time you were bored as an adult (other than when you have been waiting in a queue/ traffic trying to get to the next thing on your ‘To Do list’)? if there is a list of things you need to be doing I conclude that you are not bored as you have stuff to do, you simply cannot get to do it and are annoyed/ frustrated (not the same as bored).
The speed that time is passing is my poor excuse for not writing a blog in ..well forever! I am not even going to look back and see how pitiful my efforts have been. Being busy is not a good enough excuse, plenty of people I know have even more on their plate and are not regleting their blogs 🙂
- Found a new addition to coffee (my new best friend)
- Started getting very excited about my upcoming holiday
- Seen an improvement in my health (although not sure it is lasting..oh well)
- Lost over a stone in weight
- Seen Westlife’s ‘Good Bye’ tour- and yes it was amazing
- Done A LOT of shopping
- Worked even more than that
- Made time to reconnect with my amazing friends!
- Started reading again, which included; the amazing ‘fifty shades of grey’ trilogy (reading still in progress) and a superb book by a brilliant author…http://thesethingsandme.wordpress.com/
..Ok so after looking at the list maybe a lot is new and I can now see why I have have been short on time.
Today’s post is simply to try and get myself back into my ‘blogging ways’, however I have found a quote or two on today’s subject of ‘being busy’, enjoy!
Be back soon (or that’s the plan) xx
No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance. ~ Confucius
Steady as a clock, busy as a bee, and cheerful as a cricket. ~ Martha Washington
Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. ~ Henry David Thoreau
It’s not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy. The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted. ~ Mary O\’Connor
The busy man is troubled with but one devil; the idle man by a thousand. ~ Spanish Proverb quotes